The most annoying and disturbing problems in today’s life are the troubles related to WiFi. This is the most brain-teaser problem when a man found himself completely helpless. When a user switches to a range extender and acquire a high-speed of the Internet everywhere in the house, they perform the process of Netgear Extender Setup on their own. But when they found that they have no Internet connection but a strong wireless signal, they probably get mad and tend to throw their smart device into the trash.
In such cases, you have to do nothing much, just follow some of the valuable steps given below.
1. Consider Checking your Wireless Router
If you acquire something secure, good, and reliable from your device then you have to give something in return. Yes, your device also wants care and affection from you. Moreover
- Use the latest firmware of the router.
- Do not hide your router, just because of their ugly look. Sometimes a small thing can solve the biggest problem ever.
- Keep your device away from dust.
- Never load and heat your router with large data and malicious files.
- Place your device in an area that is free from dust and obstruction like metal appliances and electronic gadgets.
- Keep router in the reach of a modem and your wired device (computer or laptop) in reach of the router.
2. Add additional Devices to your Router
Well, a single router is not enough to spread its range all over the house. In that case, you have to switch to a range extender, provide additional antennas to your existing router or place a wireless repeater halfway to your smart device (router or the range extender). A range extender would be the better choice to spread the range of your Internet connection all over the house. You just need to:
- Bring your router and the extender within the range of each other and also connect them both with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Also, remember that WiFi Range Extender Setup needs a live Internet connection coming from the main router. So in that case, you are not supposed to hide your device at the back of any device or cupboard.
- Plug both the devices into an electric wall socket. Do not plug in when you find a high-voltage or fluctuation in the electricity.
- Take your smart device closer to the range extender after that launch a web browser and type mywifiext, in field of the address bar.
3. Re-type the WEP/WPA Code
Some of the operating systems like Windows XP won’t notify when you by mistakenly input the incorrect Wireless Security Code or password. Even though your device (laptop or computer) might show you the full and positive status of a strong wireless signal, but in case you type the wrong password, the router will refuse to deal with all your smart devices.
- Right-click on the icon in the status bar and hit “disconnect”.
- Try again to type the password again.
- Remember, if you are a public WiFi hotspot, be certain you have the correct security code and password from the hotspot provider and drop your decision in configuring the process of WiFi Extender Setup in a public or communal WiFi.
4. Consider a Different DNS Server
Well, here also we would like to suggest our valuable users change your DNS server that translates domain names into definite and genuine web server addresses, from your Internet Service Provider to a dedicated and enthusiastic DNS service. On the other hand, open DNS can add even more connection reliability and also boost up the speed of your existing Internet access.
5. Verify the MAC Address Filtering
Media Access Control (MAC Address) identifies an individual networking hardware. The access point or the router can set to allow and permit certain MAC Address in order to authenticate with them properly. Also, the network you are connected, supposed to have such type of filtering to complete the process of New Extender Setup safely and securely. Similarly, you need to have the MAC Address of your entire devices, in order to get added the name of your device and network in the permission list.
- Grab your computer or a laptop and connect it with your range extender.
- Open a web browser and type www.mywifiext.net, in field if the address bar.
- Get in touch with our Netgear customer support executive on a toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.