Most people think that their teeth will remain strong with proper brushing twice a day. However, it requires a little more effort than only using a toothbrush once in a day and this includes flossing and seeing a dentist once every six months. Some oral problems such as tooth sensitivity, dry mouth and painful gums should be considered to get rid of them soon. It is important to maintain proper dental care at every age of life. Check out 9 tips to regain your gorgeous smile.
- Your teeth and gums are made up of calcium and so, you should include – cheese, yogurt and soybeans to keep them strong and healthy. Try eating yogurt with fresh fruits and whole-grain cereal to start your day with this breakfast.
- Vitamin D helps absorb the calcium in the body. This is another benefit of doing regular exercises and getting outdoors. If you do not know the level of vitamin D, try checking it with a blood test.
- Diets that are deficient in vitamin C can be the reason for serious dental problems such as loose teeth and bleeding gums. Try having a salad with citrus fruits like orange or grapefruit to improve the ability of your body and fight against destructive symptoms as well as plaque.
- Foods that have high amount of sugar such as candy can change acids inside the mouth and cause harmful tooth decay.
- Foods that promote the production of saliva such as sour foods, lemons, limes, cranberries and cherries can help the body to fight bacteria inside your mouth. Drinking water is a great way to clear bacteria, produce saliva and cleanse the oral cavities.
- If you cannot floss, take crunchy foods like apples and carrots to clean the teeth naturally.
- Make sure you brush and floss daily. Flossing should be a part of your morning routine and brushing as well as flossing after dinner can help to have stronger teeth.
- If you living in Wimbledon area, visit your Wimbledon dentist once every six months if you are a resident of that area. Your teeth should not look dirty however, bacteria and plaque may enter that can be seen from naked eyes.
- Rinse mouth with a mouthwash or water after eating every meal. This practice will help to get rid of germs and bacteria for a healthy mouth.
Your smile speaks a lot about you and it can win millions of hearts in a short time. Thus, you should keep teeth whiter and brighter for your confident smile.