There are various skin problems like acne, rash, pimples, whiteheads, and allergies, dark spots that cause irritation and make the skin look dull, uneven and full of marks. A skin problem that causes dark bumps on the face is called blackheads. Blackheads are a type of acne which is caused because of clogged hair follicles which are also called pores. The skin of human beings has pores in which oil, bacteria, dirt, and dust can enter clogging up these pores. Most of the time people do not like to use harsh chemical and expensive skin care treatments to deal with skin issues and opt for natural remedies for such problems. There are various natural ways to get rid of blackheads that involve home remedies and products that are easily available at home.
Preparation of Skin before Using Home Remedies
Before using the home remedies to help get rid of blackheads it is essential to prepare the skin for such treatments. The soft skin of the face can suffer inflammation and irritation if harsh products are used on the skin. Even before using home remedies it is a good idea to prep the skin so that these treatments are effective and do not impact the skin in a negative way. Gently moisturize and massage the skin. Next step is to take a steam treatment for the face to open the clogged pores. By opening up the pores, home remedies treatments will be more effective in getting rid of blackheads on the skin.
Natural Ways to Get Rid of Blackheads
- Applying a paste of baking soda and water on the blackheads affected skin area does wonders. It cleans the skin, exfoliates and also corrects the pH balance of the skin. This removes the dirt, oil, sweat and dead skin cells from the affected areas clearing the blackheads.
- Another great mix that exfoliates the skin is brown sugar and honey scrub. Mixing these two ingredients and gently rubbing them on the skin works very well for most blackhead problems. Adding lemon juice to the mixture cleans and removes all the oil and debris from the pores clearing the blackheads.
- Some people suggest toothpaste as a top blackhead remover. Apply toothpaste to the nose or chin where there are blackheads and let it dry. Once it is dried, scrub it off. This is said to help remove blackheads.
- Another great scrub for blackheads is the oatmeal scrub. Simply make an oatmeal scrub using oatmeal and yogurt with honey in it. Apply the scrub and massage it onto the face. Leave the scrub for a few minutes and then wash it off. This scrub will help get rid of blackheads.
- Green Tea is one of the top best products for getting rid of blackheads. The first step is making a paste of green tea leaves powder with water and applying the paste to the area of the skin where there are blackheads. Then scrub the paste on the skin and let the scrub remain on the affected area for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Face masks work well on oily skin and help clean the skin and get rid of many types of impurities and bacteria from the skin. Face masks using ingredients like turmeric, fenugreek seeds, mint juice, tomato juice, and honey are great for removal of blackheads.
- Another top blackhead remover is cornmeal. Cornmeal is an abrasive product and applying a paste of milk and cornmeal on the blackheads is a great idea.
- Other natural products used to get rid of blackheads include tea tree oil, aloe vera, cinnamon, neem and other natural products.
Many people prefer to use natural products for their skin treatments. Skin can be very sensitive and using harsh products can cause more problems for the skin than actual solutions for the skin. Getting rid of blackheads is essential for the overall hygiene of the skin. Blackheads do not just look bad but can also cause pain and irritation and many people have skin that is prone to blackheads. Getting rid of blackheads naturally using home remedies and natural products is a great idea. These types of treatments are very affordable and generally do not harm the skin in a bad way.