Just as your overall general health, your dental health too requires you to follow a routine. A sound oral health is easily possible, provided you maintain a sound oral health routine. Developing a good dental routine is neither difficult. A renowned dentist in London further adds that a sound oral health routine can prolong your beautiful smile throughout your life.
Dentist in Camden also offers the following tried and tested tips to help you develop a sound routine to keep your teeth and the gums strong and healthy.
- Floss regularly: There shouldn’t be any exception to this canonical rule. Flossing proves to be more helpful to maintain a sound oral health than brushing. But most people, knowingly or unknowingly, ignore it. Floss cleans plaques away from regions in your muth where toothbrush can’t reach.
- Brush the teeth properly twice a day: Brushing in the proper way is the basic necessity for your sound oral health. Use a soft bristle toothbrush and fluoride tooth paste. Hold the brush at an angle of 45 degrees to the teeth and apply gentle pressure. Make sure, all three surfaces of the teeth are brushed. Brush the tongue as well to remove plaque builtup from it.
- Rinse the toothbrush thoroughly and keep it safe: After every use, it is crucial to rinse the toothbrush well, holding it under fast, running tap water. This clears away the harmful bacteria from it. You have to store it well as well so that it dries up fast to avoid contamination.
- Routinely replace your toothbrush every 3 months: As a layman or woman, one would probably never understand how crucial it is to brush the teeth with a comparatively clean tool. So, dentists recommedn to replace your toothbrush every 3 months.
- Don’t miss your routine dental checkups: Rountine dental checkups are crucial to maintain a healthy mouth. If you don’t have any dental problem, visit your dentist once a year. Else, maintain the frequency of your visits as suggested by the expert. Routine visits help identifying any budding dental issue at the initial stages. Moreover, the dentist gets to clean your teeth thoroughly to remove the harmful plaque builtup.
Dentist at Camden High Street Dental Practice assures, if you follow these tips religiously, you have higher chances to maintain a healthy mouth.