Singapore is the financial, technological and educational hub of Asia. Main land Singapore is one of the most densely populated areas of Asia with numerous high quality educational institutes of repute. The nation is held highly in the realms of higher education and research by the international students. As the nation is strengthening its position as a global educational leader, universities in the region are also gaining recognition world-wide for the excellent teaching facilities. Singapore has over 34 public and private universities offering a large range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses. Some of these universities are counted among the top universities of the world.
There are many advantages of studying in Singapore. It has a easy Visa process and international students with a Student Pass are eligible to work part time in the country. Depending on the enrolled institute’s policy, they can work for about 16 hours per week during term period and for unlimited hours during vacation. After the completion of the course, students can apply for a non-renewable visit pass of 1-year duration and search for employment after which they can apply for a Work Permit by the end of that year.
Singapore offers affordable education options
The Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) is widely considered as best private university in Singapore. It is one of the largest private education and professional training institutes in the country. It takes on a holistic approach towards learning and allows for different career development opportunities. With an experience of over 50 years, the institute boasts of a fraternity of over 150,000 graduates. It takes an annual enrolment of 19,000 students, about 20% of which are international students coming from over 40 countries.
Students can choose from over 80 diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programmes offered by the institute. It offers various Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in collaboration with top universities from Australia, Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States. The huge campus of this top private university in Singapore has various infrastructural facilities for its students including, lecture theatres, tutorial and seminar rooms, computer laboratories, cafeteria, a members’ lounge, multipurpose hall, business centre, bookshop, libraries, etc. The institute offers regular internships, career events, and International Summer Programmes comprising of case-consulting projects and industry visits.
Some of top reasons for you to choose a Singapore university for admission are provided below:
- English being the primary mode of education allows you a smooth learning experience.
- It has a clean, green and safe environment for the students to study in.
- The tuition fees and living expenses are affordable compared to many other European countries.
- Meritorious students have various scholarship options.
- Colleges in the country follow a zero tolerance policy towards racism and drugs.
- Backed by some of the most acclaimed international universities, it offers a large variety of courses, ranging from Banking, Finance, Economics, Computing, Game Development, Accounting and Management, to Communication, Politics, International Trade, Psychology and Sociology.
- Various competitions held in the institutes help students further gain experience and skills to understand the job market. It helps them secure a job in or outside Singapore.